Monday, May 16, 2011
It’s Been Long Enough…
It’s time for me to start blogging again. I was really going to take a break during this entire FET cycle, but I really have too many thoughts in my head that I need to get out.
So in random order, here’s what has been going down since my last post:
· I’m feeling better about the BFN. I talked to my doctor after my beta came back and she said that she was genuinely shocked that it didn’t work. She said that the quality of the embryo that we transferred couldn’t have been better and that my lining was perfect. I told her that I wanted to get started with the frozen embryo transfer cycle right away and that I wanted to transfer them both. She agreed and said that our chances where very good since our frozen blasts are of excellent quality.
· My birthday was on Mother’s Day (I turned 26)… and it honestly was not a very good day. I told my family and my husband that I did not want any presents and that I did not want to go out to celebrate. All I wanted was for the day to be over. Thankfully, it went by fairly quickly and I felt a lot better the next day.
· I scheduled an appointment for Mark and I to meet with a counselor. Our first appointment is on Wednesday (the 18th) and I am really looking forward to it. I’m really hoping that she help us both deal with the stress a little better.
· I’m taking my last birth control pill tomorrow! It’s also our 3 year wedding anniversary! So it’s exciting. After I take the last pill, I wait to get my period and then I will go in to the RE’s office on Day 2 for an ultrasound. I guess sometime after that I will start the progesterone and estrogen. The one thing I’m just a little nervous about this cycle is that I will be on the PIO shots (I had the suppositories for my fresh cycle) as well as Del Estrogen (also an intra muscular injection) every third day.
· I’m planning a vacation! Well… sort of a vacation. When we decided to do the Shared Risk program for IVF it was a pretty big decision for us financially. We normally take a big vacation every year and also a few small trips but we decided not to this year in order to help pay for treatments. We did, however, take a full week off work in July and the thought of not going anywhere made me sad. So Mark said, let’s go to Milwaukee! Which doesn’t sound like much of a vacation but I love it there…especially in the summer! My husband is from there so we are going to visit his family and hang out at Summerfest all week! It’s going to be fun and I’m just glad to be going somewhere!
The other great thing about planning this trip is that it is really taking my mind off of this FET cycle. And for me, I think that’s a really good thing. For my fresh cycle, I was constantly Googling EVERYTHING and worrying myself to death. I feel so much more relaxed this time around. I know that I will be okay no matter what the outcome is. We should find out if it worked or not about two weeks before we leave for Milwaukee. If it worked: “AWESOME! I’m going to have a great time on my vacation!” And if it didn’t work: “That really stinks but I’m STILL going to have a great time in Milwaukee AND I’m going to enjoy some drinks!”
So we will see. I do know that if this FET doesn’t work, I’m going to take a short break before starting another fresh cycle. I know that I will need it and that I will want to just enjoy the summer before getting back in the stirrups. :)
Also, thank you so much to everyone for your comments on my last post. I really appreciated your kind words and understanding as I took a little break from everything. I hope everyone is doing well. I’m going to try to catch up on everyone’s blogs this week. Thinking of you all!