Friday, January 7, 2011

I Wish I Could Blog About Something Other Than TTC…

I often want to blog about things OTHER than TTC. Truth be told, however, I live and breathe all things related to making a baby. As much as I complain about getting up early and driving to the RE’s office, it makes me feel good. I feel like I’m DOING something. I complain about my medicine but I also feel good about taking all of those pills at night. I am DOING something to try to help my situation. Even those DISGUSTING progesterone suppositories help get me through my TWW. I just realized today that I live for every appointment and every night when it’s time to take my medicine. I’m obsessed.
I’m not completely crazy though. Infertility is a HUGE part of my life right now but it’s not the ONLY thing in my life. My life is actually really good other than this. So good that I’ve decided to make a list of things I’m thankful for. I think it’s appropriate with it being a new year and all….
1.       My husband. You guys? He is awesome. He makes me laugh every SINGLE DAY no matter what is going on in our lives. I know that he gets as frustrated as I do with everything that’s going on but we both deal with it the best way we know how. He has been getting up with me at the crack of dawn to drive me to my appointments because he knows I hate to go alone. I love that guy.
2.       My job. I actually really like it. I’m a Compliance Analyst for a very large company which is challenging but yet it’s laid back enough where I can do things like… update my blog, or talk to my nurse on the phone, or leave work when I need to. I’m the youngest person in the area that I work in which is really nice because I generally don’t have to hear any pregnancy announcements! Everyone in my area is either finished having children or they have grandchildren. Occasionally I’m forced to look at pictures of the super cute grandchildren of co-workers, but I can deal with that. I also have an office that I stay in pretty much all day so that’s nice too (gives me plenty of private time to Google anything I want!). The other plus? My husband works in the same building as me so I talk to him on instant messenger a lot during my work days. I love it.
3.       My stepson. As I’ve mentioned before, I have a 14 year old stepson. Everytime I hear someone talk about issues that they have with their stepchildren, I remind myself how lucky I am. My stepson lives with us full time (his mom and stepdad live in Austria, so he travels to see them a few times a year) and we get along great. We all have so much fun together and it makes me a little sad to think that he is already a freshman in high school! One of the many reasons that I would like to have a baby sooner rather than later is because I want our child to know their brother. I want us all to live under the same roof and enjoy each other before he goes to college. Anway… I’m going on a TTC rant again but all I really wanted to say is I’m thankful for my stepson and happy that we get along so well!
4.       My pups! Because, seriously... how can you not be thankful for these two precious cuties??

Sophie (Yes... She IS wearing a bathing suit. And she LOVES it.)


Josie

5.       Friends. There are very few friends who know about everything we are going through right now. We have mostly just told close family members and plan to keep it that way until we get some really good news. But we love our friends. I love to go out and with them and have a good time and laugh and most importantly, not think about anything related to infertility for a while.
6.       My parents. My parents are divorced but I’m very close to each of them. They have been such a huge support and so patient with me through everything. I know they are hoping that we get some good news very, very soon and I will be very excited when we finally have some good news to share with them.
7.       TV. I know…. But I really am thankful for it! I don’t sit on my butt for hours watching it or anything but I appreciate the distraction when I do watch it. I am a HUGE fan of The Office … it’s like, the most hilarious show ever. I’m also in love with Jim Halpert…. Who happens to be a fictional character on the show, but that does not change my love for him.
8.       For my fertility clinic. I really wasn’t going to put this on here but I am truly thankful for them. EVERYONE that I have ever dealt with has been extremely helpful and encouraging. I feel completely comfortable there and I’m incredibly thankful that I am being treated by them.
I probably could list more, but I just realized how long this post is getting. I just needed to write this post to remind myself that my life doesn’t (or shouldn’t) completely revolve around infertility. We are doing everything we can to change our current situation and that is all we can do.
I just hope that 2011 will bring even more to be thankful for! :)

4 comments:

  1. I love this post. I need to write one like it. It's fun to learn more about your life outside TTC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post. It's great to take a step back from all of the TTC stuff and remind ourselves of all of the other good things. It was also great to learn more about you!

    And, truth be told, I'm jealous of your positive relationship with your stepson. I never talk about my SS (he's 7) but I can tell you that the only thing that has made my RPL worse for me is seeing that my DH can have an oops baby with someone else and we had four miscarriages.

    Thanks for your comments on my blog. I appreciate it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelly, I know exactly what you mean and I should have probably included it in this post. As much as I love my SS, he was an "oops" baby also and I sometimes have those feelings as well. It just doesn't seem fair. I just hope that we are blessed soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for saying Hi on my blog last week and for reading along.

    Great list of things to be thankful for and to focus on things outside of IF.

    I totally know what you mean about trips to the re, meds, etc, helping keep you sane in this, I loved that I was doing all I could to when I was cycling w/ my RE and that they were in charge of the decisions, not me.

    Hope you get that positive very soon!

    ReplyDelete