Wednesday, April 6, 2011

TRIGGER!

**UPDATE - Triggering tonight at 8:00 pm... Egg retrieval is Friday morning at 8:00 am!

I can’t believe I finally can post this… but we are triggering tonight! I’m so glad that my RE decided to give me another night to stim because I now have a 23 mm, 20 mm, 19mm, 16mm, 2 x 13mm, 12 mm, and 3 x 11 mm! Plus a few 10 mm and lots of smaller ones too. So… not perfect… but DEFINITELY a lot better than what we were looking at a few days ago. My E2 level also went up pretty significantly overnight… from 1300 to 1700! Again… not ideal but not completely terrible either. Plus I know that once we trigger, my follies will just keep on growing/maturing. Grow follies, grow! :)
Another thing that made my day is that my original nurse, Betsy, called me with my results today! She’s (FINALLY) back from maternity leave and I couldn’t be happier. She is amazing and I was so excited to hear her voice when she called today. I think I told her at least 3  times how happy I am that she's back. I don’t think I will be missing my other nurse very much!
Now I just have to wait for a call from the surgery scheduler to find out exactly what time we need to trigger tonight as well as to get my retrieval time for Friday. I'm actually really happy that we have a Friday retrieval since I will have the weekend to recover.
So ... all in all...I’m definitely nervous (and I’m really hoping for a respectable number of eggs) but it’s nice to finally see a little bit of a light at the end of the tunnel… especially after 13 days of stims!

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on surviving 13 days of stims! A Friday retrieval sounds awesome. So excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!!!!! So excited for you! Sounds like you have some awesome follies in there! :) That's great that your fave nurse is back too...maybe your follies were just trying to hold out for her return ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!!! I'm so excited for you too! You've made it to the exciting part now. Rest up hon. Thinking of you. xoxo.

    ReplyDelete