Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Trying to Stay Positive!

First of all… thanks to everyone for their comments on my last post. I felt much better after reading them! I’m still a little disappointed with how everything is going with this cycle but I do understand that it could be much worse.
I left my monitoring appointment this morning thinking I was going to trigger tonight! One of the nurses told me to be prepared and handed me a booklet with the trigger instructions and egg retrieval information. I was pretty upset about that because it just doesn’t seem like I’m ready! My largest follicle is 22 mm and I also have a 19 mm, 18 mm, 13 mm, 12mm, 12 mm, 10 mm, 8 mm and LOTS of smaller ones. My E2 came back at 1300…. I see so many people trigger when their E2 levels are 2500 or MORE! I just didn’t understand it.
When my nurse called, she told me that I’m not triggering tonight and instead I’m continuing stims (this will be my 13th night of stimming). She said that my RE wanted to give me some more time to let the little guys catch up as much as possible. She is predicting that we will probably trigger tomorrow night for a Friday retrieval. I’m actually feeling a little better about this. I’m glad that we aren’t triggering tonight… I would much rather give some of my slacker follicles a chance to do some more growing and then hopefully the trigger will be the icing on the cake.
Trying so hard to think positive, positive, positive...

3 comments:

  1. Positive positive positive!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So funny....my response was going to be exactly what Lulu said!

    Even if you have trouble thinking positive, you have lots of us thinking positive for you on your behalf!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking very positive thoughts and sending them your way.

    By the way, my largest follicle was only 16mm when we triggered, so I think your numbers look great. I am sure you are going to have lots of beautiful eggs at retrieval.

    ReplyDelete