Wednesday, November 17, 2010

10 DPO... and 1 more week until Thanksgiving!

I’m not sure that I’m going to make it to POAS on Sunday without AF showing up first. I woke up this morning with some cramping and I was certain that when I went to the bathroom that she would be there. Thankfully so far, she has stayed away. I’m about 90% sure, however, that even if I don’t get my period before Sunday that I’m going to see a BFN when I test. I just feel like I’m going to get my period. I’m bloated and the cramps feel just like mild AF cramps. I know it’s not over yet but I’m definitely preparing myself and I’m already thinking about the next cycle.
Even though I’m having doubts about the success of this cycle, I’ve been in a really good mood these past few days because…. Thanksgiving is next week! I am cooking this year for some of our family and I’m super excited! I love to cook and I love the challenge of making a huge Thanksgiving feast all by myself. I think Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday because I love the food and time with family and then I get to put up my Christmas decorations the day after! It’s a tradition. I love to put up the tree and watch all of my favorite Christmas movies. I look forward to it every year.
I also had a great meeting with the acupuncturist on Monday night! I went with my Dad to his session and it looks super relaxing. I’m definitely excited to try it. I asked her some questions and she recommended that I take a break from the fertility meds and just use herbs with acupuncture. I am definitely not ready for that. I explained to her that I trust my fertility clinic and that for now, I am going to stay on the medication that my doctor recommends but that I would like to start trying just the acupuncture. She was really nice about it and we made an appointment for Monday, Nov. 29th (she’s really booked up). I’m really looking forward to it! I know of two people personally who had struggled with infertility and never had success until they started using acupuncture in addition to their other treatments. My doctor also highly recommends it. So we will see! It definitely gives me something to look forward to!

2 comments:

  1. If you have a gut feeling (like I do), then I don't know why I'm about to try to talk you out of it, but haven't people said that right before they found out they were pregnant, they felt symptoms VERY similar to AF? I'm still not giving up on this cycle for you. : )

    Good luck with the acupuncture! Is it really expensive?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have found that a lot of people into acupuncture or chiropractic or TCM will not want you to take anything prescribed by a "western" doctor because it is "evil" or "poison" or they think you don't need it. I think it's good to keep with the Clomid too though, especially now that you know you ovulated. The herbs and acupuncture sure can't hurt though and maybe they will really help! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete